Friday 8 June 2018

Let's Talk about Books!

I want to find more resources for us and as soon as I typed in OCD resources, I found a bunch of books that we could look into reading. Some won't be very helpful so I am going to weed through a few and post the ones I believe will help.

I am going to be using a kindle account to read most of these books so if once I report on a book being helpful and you wish to also read it - send me and email and I can lend the book to you through kindle (If you have a kindle). I also have a few soft cover books at the moment that I am reading as well. I will review them all on this blog - the Alberta OCD Community Support Resource. 

Once a book is reviewed, I am also going to set up a monthly poll to see which book we all would like to discuss. The skills, ideas, information, and theories each book is based on. We can all come together to find what we found was helpful and some things that might actually harm our recovery and treatment. No book is without flaws, so if you notice something that triggers you - it probably would have triggered someone else. So, instead of stewing on it and letting your OCD make it into a huge, unwarranted threat, do the one thing that is known to be the most effective method of overcoming this - speak up, discuss, tell yourself that it is just your OCD and that it OCD loves to lie.

If anyone has any books or articles that they have read already and want to share, email me. I will share it on our blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment